Environmental and sustainability policy
Small businesses often miss out on doing things like thinking about the environment and the legacy we leave. I want Mikado to be a forever company and so it does need to think about its legacy, to the planet and the people in it.
Mikado Software will reduce it's impact on the environment where possible, by assessing the activities we perform most often and finding new, different or innovative ways to deliver the same value, but at less cost to the environment. We will encourage our stakeholders and suppliers to engage with us.
CEO Paul Brian is responsible for ensuring this policy is implemented in Mikado, and to do this he intends to use our Business Operating System to capture activities within the company, and monitor those activities for review. However this is responsibility for all of us, in the areas or spheres we work in.
We aim to :
- Meet, and then exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve environmental performance.
- Incorporate Environmental costing into business plans and project assessments.
- Energy and paper use, especially server use, shall be monitored and improved.
- disposal of electronic equipment shall meet WEEE requirements or better.
- Travel and accomodation shall be minimised, primarily through the use of modern communications